Thursday, May 8, 2008

In a week and one day I will fly away on an adventure. I am the tour manager for a Stanford Travel/Study program to the British Isles. We will start near Shannon, Ireland, then fly to Edinburgh, then Aberdeen where we board the Island Sky and sail counter-clockwise around the top of Scotland, visiting famous remote islands along the way.

I have been making lots of jokes about haggis. One friend told me to ask for the vegetarian version.

I plan to fortify myself with single malt whiskey or maybe just beer, and take a big bite, like the adventurous traveler I am. I read somewhere about a company that is offering Indiana Jones-like adventures, so you can pay to eat live snake (no monkey brains, though). So since I am BEING paid, seems like the least I can do is try haggis.

No comments: