Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's Easter, a feast day linked to the phase of the moon. Linking to the resurrection of Christ, for me Easter is mainly about renewal. Since it's a different calendar date every year, the timing reminds us that we can't know when spring will come, but it will come.

This year the wisteria has already started to bloom. It seems that only yesterday the buds had not yet begun to swell. I look at the bare branches and realize that they already contain all they need to become the delicate purple blossoms, as long as the sun shines on them.

The chickens are also laying bountifully. The first year we had chickens, I saw that they stop laying when the days get short; then when hours of sunlight increase, the eggs resume. And it hit me! Easter eggs! No wonder they're a symbol of the return of life. After scraping by with few or no eggs per week, suddenly there are 4, 5, 6 a day, more than we can eat and almost more than we can give away.

I now return to the continuation of Filing Month which has morphed into Paperwork Project. I have been slogging away dutifully and feel good about not only my progress but my persistence.

No comments: